To access information on poultry skillathon study guide go to Poultry Skillathon – geauga4h.org
An interesting link I found on poultry skillathon. It goes through the stations, some questions you might be asked and what information will be required of you. http://union.osu.edu/sites/union/files/imce/Program_Pages/4H/Study_Guides/Poultry%20Skillathon%202015.pdf
Chicken showmanship links:
Meat Chicken Information
- Have a 22-26% protein in your feed to insure your birds receive enough protein.
- Watch for fighting between the birds
- Keep them as clean as a bird can realistically be
- If you are unsure what feed to get PLEASE ask another 4-H member in the group. Too many mistakes can happen if someone misinforms you.
Show Chicken Information
- Make sure they have enough calcium in their diet
- Feed layer feed not meat feed
- Chickens can have leftovers but not everything. Always look it up if you are not sure if they can have it. http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2013/02/toxic-treats-what-not-to-feed-your.html